Friday, February 25, 2011

Did you know only 3 weeks and then.......Celebrate OZ??????


We're so excited here at Casa de Cuckoo. We only have to wait 21 more days and then we can show you what we've cooked up for CELEBRATE OZ.

As of today we have 21 lovelies that are going to share their love of Wizard of Oz in all of it's manifestations. Some will share pictures of ozzie things, some will tell of their love, some have written new twist on the ozzie theme and then some will just share a thought or poem or rememberance.....whatever the gift they are planning to give, we will all be thrilled to share in it.

But hey, there's still time to sign up if you would like to join in CELEBRATE OZ. Just leave me a comment and I'll add you to the side bar of participants.

I must tell you a lovely and heart warming tale of what blessings I have received because of this celebration. First, unexpectedly, I received a package. I wasn't expecting it and didn't even know it had been delivered. When the sender, who has asked to be kept anonymous let me know I had a package. When I opened this wonderous gift, I discovered the entire original set of Wizard of Oz ornaments from Hallmark, just for me. The fun part is that this lovely knows (obviously) that I have a tree for every flippin' holiday known to human kind. What the lovely didn't know was that I had spied this bright, shiney green tree in the after holiday sale bin at JoAnn's and bought it, thinking that I could make some ornaments to have a CELEBRATE OZ tree.

Do you lovelies know this Olde Bagg or what? I had already started making the yellow brick road garland when the package arrived. The sender is such a sweetheart and generous to a fault. I am so pleased to accept this lovely offering of love and will show it off for time to come. As a matter of fact, tomorrow I will add the pictures of this darling tree to the sidebar as a welcome to all to come and play.

I will have a posting everyday from now until March 19 with some ozdom or another. I also need to share with you that a very talented and lovely lady will be starting her three part story of OZness on March the 5th, again on the 12th and will finish on March 19. So make sure to visit Magaly to read her story.

So lovelies, start your engines, or fire up your hot air balloons or jump on the tornado express to CELEBRATE OZ.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. ::rubbing my hands together in anticipation:: OF OZ FEST! I can't wait. You always have such fun stuff going on - can I ask again if I can live with you? Please, I am not above begging. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda! What a wonderful surprise youve got! Such a sweet and generous lady! Cant wait to see the tree pictures! I posted some new bunnyhunnys. let me know what you think of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun Linda, love the photos. love the ideas. I don't know how many times I have seen the movie, you just never tire of it. hugs to you my friend. thanks for the visits this week, they have3 meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, painfully aware it's only 3 weeks away lol I'm working on my project, I only hope I get done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower.
    I invite you to visit my blog.
    And become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting excite to see all the Ozness (is this a word) that is to come. The gift sounds like the perfect Linda gift and I am sure the tree will be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to see all of the amazing Oz Fest goings on! I know yours will be amazing and magical.

    What a wonderful gift to receive. You are so loved, and rightfully so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting my ruby red slippers on, I can't wait for this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.