Saturday, June 30, 2012

Car cookies..........

Yep, it was hot enough to bake cookies on the dashboard of the Orange Pumpkinmobile with a bumper sticker that reads: Beware of  Invisible Dragon in back seat.

The grands and I made homemade ice cream early in the day so we can partake this evening because it is 101 degrees here today. Thursday, Shelley let us know that the car read 130 degrees inside the car, when she went to get the kids. Ouch.

But I got to thinking that I bet we could bake "Forget Um's" on the dash so we made a batch and in two hours, they were done.

But there is a problem Houston.....you don't want to eat cookies from a closed up car because they take on all the heated up yuch that your seats and liner and rugs gas off. They were, Yuck. But cooked. Science experiment is what we called it as we threw them away.


11 comments:

  1. Lol, well, it's always good to explore new things in the name of science...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I could not take that kind of heat. I'd want to bathe in that ice cream, not eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oma Linda, you make me laugh! Great Science experiment! Please keep cool! Drink lots of water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the heat will let off at some point...what is that kind of cookie?? I have never seen it before..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun science experiment! Hope you cool off some, or get rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought about doing that! I'm glad it works, but less than happy that they come out tasting like poo. Enjoy the ice cream! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool science experiment. You are so much fun. I like your new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot...what are ForgetUms? They look like melted plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny what some people will do in the name of science.
    I keep reading and hearing about the heat wave that is covering most of the nation and here it's a comfy 62 degree at noon. The weatherman promised sunshine for today but we haven't had any so far. Stay in and stay cool and eat lots of ice cream. Smooches

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is really cool! I love that you actually took the time to test that out. I have always wondered about cooking things in that sort of manner. You are probably the best Oma ever...next to mine of course.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.