I've shared with all of you that I am manic depressive and bipolar. I've known since I was a youngster that I didn't think like other kids. I always thought that was a bad thing and in college after a rather severe head injury, I lost my ability to think abstract thoughts as rapidly as I did before. When I married Joe, I knew I was smart but not the way I expected to be by age 25. When Shelley my daughter had her first child, I found a purpose, a place I belonged. Intellectually I was stimulated by the needs of my grands. I invented, pretended, played and joined them in their childhoods. I became more able to fiqure things out and felt smarter for having been their Oma.
A little over 2 years ago, my daughter married a wonderful man and moved to a new home. At the time, I realized that I was to find a new job. A new way of thinking, being, doing. It was hard to move on without my grands. So I made it my job to find new ways of being so that I could remain in their lives. But as much as I tried, I wasn't needed anymore. No longer was required. I lost my job as an Oma.
Well, yes reader, I did know they would grow up and I would be less involved but 3 weeks ago, I was fired again and I didn't behave very well. I was hurt, felt betrayed and lost. And because GK misunderstood my intention, Shelley's family no longer is my extended family. GK got hurt when I said "I missed her so much". I know because I voiced my truth that I caused my granddaughter to feel guilty. That wasn't my intention....and yes I realize that doesn't count when I hurt her.
After feeling sorry for myself and being ugly. I realize that I needed to make amends but I can't. I have been blocked from saying anything to both the grands because it will cause more problems and I can't call, text, mail or communicate at all.
Besides feeling rejected, guilty and hurt. I am now to find a way to live as though they never happened, for their sake. Just because I let them know I miss them? Just because I had a fit and GK heard me on a private call to her mom. I have nothing to be here for.......anymore.
Yes, Joe and I are trying to find a new paradigm......where do I go to find it or shop for that? Where do I find comfort? How am I to go forward knowing I hurt my soul mate. I always thought that GK and I were the crazy bread in the stubborn sandwich that was our family. Now, forgive the pun, I'm toast.
I promised that this would be lighter than the last post but I guess I lied. Nothing is real, matters or will help the ache in my soul.
Joe and I will keep on keeping on until we find the place we can begin again sans what used to be.
I have two dear friends who are living through this as well. If it weren't for their wisdom from having been there and still are.....I would be totally without a tether right now. I need new meds, new focusing and new self healing plans,
I enrolled for the Masterclasses and will attend some classes here in Burque and hope it distracts me from what I view as absolute hell.
Prayers, good thoughts and any wisdom you might have for me would be welcome.
Smooches and Squoozes, Grandmaster screw up, Linda

Feeling your hell...
ReplyDeletehopefully this is not a permanent rift and after some time has passed things will ease up. surely they can't/won't hold a grudge or hurt feelings forever. use this time to find new interests and pur yourself first.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Have you thought of sending GK a copy of this post? Maybe then she will understand. I do hope you find your rudder--you have my prayers and good thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI'll write a longer comment later but my first reaction is "What? You aren't allowed to tell your grand daughter you missed her?" That is crazy making. You have nothing to feel guilty about.
ReplyDeletesending you lots of love and hugs...
ReplyDelete~*~
Oma Linda, I love you! I don't know why things happen. All, I do know, is that you can't give up on you!! You have to give yourself a hug and tell yourself, how much you love you! Maybe you have to tell yourself, that you forgive yourself!! You have to be the mother, to that little girl inside of you and take care of you!! You are a wonderful, loving person!! Never forget that!! Big Hugs!
ReplyDeleteOf course I don't know their side of the story, I don't know what is in GKs head that causes her to mistake your kind loving words as criticism, but I still feel you have done nothing wrong and I'm sorry you are being shunned for this. I hope you can find your way through the maze of emotions and emerge with a new found strength. You are loved.
ReplyDelete