Saturday, June 5, 2010

The fairy tree


With all the other crafty things we have been doing, we have not gotten to making our fairies for Solstice. We will be making those this next week but I went ahead and decorated the fae tree last week. So here's the fairy folk from last year helping us ready ourselves for Summer Solstice.

We always have a neighborhood Solstice Party and serve, white peach ice cream, Fae thimble cookies and lavender tea. At dark we sit and wait for the fairy lights and movements. There are a number of sightings during this time. By Midnight, it is just the family and we leave milk and honey and special thimble cookies along with a fairy dust trail into the house. This lets the fairies know we are inviting them in and asking them for their blessings.

Even the adults, and dare I say non believers, have commented that it is a bit on the magickal side. I am tickled every year by how much all in attendance are anxious to believe and participate.

I will be having another giveaway in honor of Summer Solstice beginning Tuesday June 8th.
Have a super 1st weekend in June.

10 comments:

  1. The fairies are lovely and you've created something really sweet! Summer solstice... I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, this was just the thing I needed to cheer me up today. It's so cute! I love the green fairy to pieces.

    I haven't gone awol with sadness, we've had 5 people quit at work, so I've been working a lot and have had less time for the finer things. Worry not, dear heart. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea and tradition. No wonder the neighbors want to join in, non-believers or not. The fae tree makes me smile.

    word vert: rizedb When the moon has rizedb is when we go in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a wonderful surprise today. I had forgotten I had won your beautiful necklace and earrings so it was just like winning all over again!
    Thank you, they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Linda.
    What a sweet comment you left me. You are a kind, dear lady. I am happy to be back ~ can't believe how long I was sick. But I am better now and that is all that matters.
    I see I have missed much. I need to go back and read all your posts I missed.
    I LOVE that you are having a Summer Solstice Party. I want to come ~ Fairies are so magical and sweet and wonderful. Maybe if I got in the car and left now, I might make it there on time. Think??? hahahahaha
    Your fairy tree is adorable!!!!!
    How are the little turtles doing?
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I lived closer to you so I could attend your party. That ice cream sounds fabulous.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could attend you Summer Solstice party but I have to be an ol' grump and say it's just too darn hot out here...107 and the fairies, if they're smart, will stay put!!! LOL However, I never thought maybe we have the low desert kind of fairies while yours are high desert fairies....perhaps they're acclimated to the heat!! Hmmm, food for thought!

    Love ya, crazy woman,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so magical, sweet and so full of smiles
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Linda, I do so love your fairies! Would you kindly fill me in on how you make them? I have a little tree that could use some sprucing up and your fairies would be just the thing! Thanks so much!
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.