Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer bliss.............


Got up early this morning so that I could water the new lawn, and the pumpkins and okra before the sun got too hot and dried them out. Sat out on the back porch and watched the turtles enjoying a lazy stroll through the water...drinking, cleaning parts and pieces as they go. Listening to the hummingbirds discuss which feeder has the best nectar available or whatever other nonsense they chatter about, knowing that the temperature will be right at 100 by 4:30 - 5:00 o'clock this afternoon. Seemed as though we all had the same thought....git while the gittin's good.

I came in and began working on squeezing key limes for pie (thanks Janine). Bout that time GK and Ry came in for breakfast and so began the day. GK helped with the pie and Ry went back to his room to construct a new "thing". It turned out to be a dragon from How to Train a Dragon...Toothless or at least that's what he said.

Grands and I worked on watercolors, while I finished their tea party outfits. Ate a light lunch, they went out to run in the sprinklers, Shel came home early from work and went straight to bed for a nap. Grands were cold from the sprinklers and got under their covers and before long the house was totally quiet. I went to ad to the snore fest soon after.

And tonight GK and I will be going on the Artscrawl to a least 5 studios to see what other folks in the art community are up to. I think this will be a great way to let her see other peoples expressions in art. And a fun time for me meeting with old friends.

I'm telling you, a more perfect day, I can't imagine. Damn this is good stuff.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day!! Although...I'm-a-thinkin' you shoulda been squeezin' those key limes for a cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great for you. Keep on having those grand days, you deserve them. Sounds hot! Ayeeeee! Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous. I didn't get anyone as cutie patootie as GK to make Key Lime Pie with :D [how was it btw?]

    I used to love playing in the water and then crashing out for a nap - extra special if I had my Gramma or Grampa with me [their house always smelled so good/unique]

    I want to come to your camp. Where can I sign up?

    Love to y'all - Keep on havin' fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect day. Key Lime pie, I'm jealous, but it was delicious. We may actually get to see the sun today and it is suppose to get up to 70, then tomorrow will be a 50/50 day and then back to cold and rain. This is getting old, I am ready to head South.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love those summer mornings in the country? I still get a bit of it. I have the birds singing for my new summer alarm and at night I can lay and listen to the crickets chirping. But then you get the rumble of the subway running by and the cars, the constant stream of car to remind you where you are. Yikes, I'm really starting to dislike the city.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect day. Wish I could see my grands...miss them so much. Usually, when they come for a summer visit, I take them to the Lynx Museum...a hands on sort of place...they have loved the past shows, but don't know about this summer.

    Spending my day just taking it easy, just like the yesterday!! Taking Ian to get a graduation card and small gift for his friend that's graduating today from h.s. Their favorite teacher is driving down from Las Cruces to take him to the graduation and be their for support. She's a wonderful lady and such a precious gift to these kids...and me!

    Ok, need to run. Have fun and keep on creating.

    Love ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no hummers in Greeley, CO for the first time in weeks this season. The winds have been so high here in Wyoming that I haven't even bothered to put the feeder out as the nectar would just get blown out. Your day sounds like a perfect get-some-things-done-and-celebrate-by napping kind of day. The best kind of day.

    word vert: demorw. Be there demorw pie for me?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.