Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Celebrate OZ 2013.....AlTerEd oZ.....March 15

You've probably already seen the advertizement for Oz the Great and Powerful, which is the newest incarnation of the Wizard of Oz on the big screen. It is scheduled to premiere on March 8, 2013. I will be there for the very first showing. It's a vow to all that is Ozzie. Here is a link to that clip for  movie.

And you know, if ya know me at all, that for the past two years....you and I have Celebrated Oz in a blog party. Well, I wouldn't think of disappointing any of you Ozaphiles by not having Celebrate OZ 2013. This year we are giving it a bit of a twist. This year it is Celebrate Oz, AlTerEd oZ.

altered past participle, past tense of al·ter (Verb)

Verb
  1. Change or cause to change in character or composition, typically in a comparatively small but significant way.
  2. Make structural changes to something.
 
And here are a couple of examples so that you will not turn away saying......oh I am not an artist, I can't come up with an altered idea.....Sure you can.

 Muertos Dorothy, Oma Linda
creative options
 
fiddling cats
 
swirly eyes hypnotize
 
But you can contribute anything that has anythig to do with the Wizard of Oz: a collection, a decoration, a story, a poem, a memory, a book review, a movei review, anything at all. I just went with the Altered theme because.....there are so many different kinds of opportunities in the Oz loving community for being Oz but not quite. There have been several movies and cartoons which are altered versions of all the books and comic books, which are altered versions of the original book. Think of the different versions of the one idea that Frank L. Baum himself altered several times in order to market his idea.......hmmmm....this means we are in fact keeping the tradition alive, yes??????

I will create a Celebrate OZ page here on this blog (look back at the others at the top of the blog) and that is where we will have our party. I will have the sign up and button ready for the sharing of the information on January 15, 2013......3 month in advance of our party. That will give you plenty of time to create, think up, arrange, rearrange or just plane get ready to follow the yellow brick road with us.

So for the third year in a row, I'm happy to say....come along with me and CELEBRATE OZ - AlTEreD that is.

13 comments:

  1. You know, this year I really would love to participate. Count me in.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so taking part this year! NOw to figure out how to alter my oz...

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Let's have ourselves a BIIIG OZ party! whoooohooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to the picture trailer ... Wow! This new movie looks totally exciting! All the new characters along with many old ones ... I'll be looking forward to seeing this movie!

    And, YES! I'll definitely be joining in this year's Celebration! It'll be loads of fun!

    Your "Muertos Dorothy" is quite the altered image! How very clever of you!

    This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am working on two deadlines for exhibits...I will have to see how my energy hold up...You know how to rock and roll. Peace be with you, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing all kinds of happy dances. I'm sooo excited. I can barely wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Another Oz party :) Already have an idea though might have to milk the mombi dress again hihi...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oma Linda, I have never done anything like this before! Oh no!! What do I do? LOL! I don't want to be a party pooper, so I will really have to put my thinking cap on!!! Hugs ;o)I love your doll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd intended to visit here earlier but something shiny happened or maybe it was a squirrel. I'm so easily distracted. I swear that if I didn't know better I'd think I was on drugs. Now that I've made my excuses let me just say, "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING AN OZ PARTY WITHOUT ME!! You know I'll be there to join in on all the fun. Your Muertos Dorothy is fantastic. S&S

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed the last celebration, but I'll be there this time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! An excuse to have an Extra glass of wine so I can Alter OZ!!!! I will be there, with ALL of you, dancing down the Yellow Brick Road! Add me to your list dear Oma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm following the yellow brick road. Wonder were I might pick up a pair of ruby slippers?
    Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I must see "Oz the Great and Powerful!" Doesn't it look incredible? I can't wait for Celebrate Oz - (altered). What a fun idea, my crafty friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.