Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Banner for Hues of Oz

Initially I thought that I could pick a hue of Oz, but I can't.

There are so many wonderful choices. The reason I came up with the title at all was because of a project that I had been "going to do" for three years now. I tend to put off things that I am making for myself for those things that need to be finished for others. But this year is different. I have been being a little more conscience of  the need to do for myself.

So I took material that I had been given 3 years ago. Scraps of a print of The Wizard of Oz fabric and used them to make myself a party banner to go with all the other wonderful gifts and finds I have in my collection of all things Oz. I have a wall in my hallway that will soon house all my collection. It is "in process" and should be finished in about a month. Things move slower when your helpers are super busy in their own fun things than when you could do all of the work yourself. Sucks getting older.

Anyway here are some photos of my banner in all it's hues......

The pink of the bubble lady herself..........


The rainbow hues and poppy red..................


The riot of color of the Yellow Brick Road Wanderers.............


The demur Ms. Gale's gingham dress...............


And the delicious green of The Wicked Witches visage................


So until Friday............multicolored dreams of Oz my lovelies, S&S Oma Linda

15 comments:

  1. Procrastinating with my wand in hand! Love your bunting, clever wizard! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy... that is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't mess around. The wicked witch one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this banner! I love it! I'm delighted with your distillation of the Oz themes into neat little flags, specially Dorothy's dress. Lovely! And thank you so much for popping over to my doll blog and leaving such a sweet comment! Off to work on my Oz post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this bunting!!!!! all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right - there are so many beautiful hues to choose from.
    I have written the post dozens of times in my head. We will have to wait and see what falls out onto the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gorgeous bunting! That Oz fabric is fabulous and what a clever way of using it. I love that each little flag has its own theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE FIBER Arts and THIS IS FAB! You got great taste... What a celebration! See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun! I love what you have created! I can't wait to see your wall finished! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are beyond creative - love this! I think I need to make some spring-colored bunting for my bedroom. I love the celebratory feeling of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH!!!! Your Banner is EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!! It PERKS ME UP and GETS ME ALL OZZIE!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY'S PARTY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you have such lovely colour in the banner - I just love it n the walk on the yellow brick road. A month you say to finish the wall - WOW - if I wern't so far away, I would love to help. Enjoy Oma :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oma Linda, these are gorgeous!!! Love the cheerfulness, the rainbow of colors and of course your talent in putting these together :))

    I am also "Emerald Green" with envy!!!

    Big "Oz" Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your heart could never be please with a single color. It's too big for that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.